5 Tips on How to Create a Fruitful Relationship Between Agencies and Freelancers

buy updated and clean phone number list
samiul

5 Tips on How to Create a Fruitful Relationship Between Agencies and Freelancers

Post by samiul »

When I was working for an advertising agency in Mauritius called Circus Advertising, the Art Director from Ogilvy in the Middle East came to our office and delivered an inspirational speech. He said something that has stuck with me over all these years. Freelancer working Photo by A L L E F . V I N I C I U S Δ on Unsplashed Projecting his presentation on the wall, he showed an image of a knife and a sharpener. He said that the agency is the knife and the customer is the sharpener; the interaction between the two is what creates magic. I think the same analogy can apply between the agency and the freelancer. The agency knows the client, and the client has briefed the agency on the project.

Therefore, the agency takes the interim role of being the sharpener. The agency then uses the freelancer to bring their creative freedom to produce out-of-the-box, innovative artwork. In this instance, the freelancer becomes the knife. While collaborations between agencies and freelancers can create magic, it’s inevitable that friction can also occur. The question is then: how do you get the partnership whatsapp mobile number list to work frictionless? Today, I work as the content marketing manager at My news desk. I’ve ordered numerous projects from agencies and freelancers. And although this little anecdote of the knife and sharpener was 14 years ago, I find it to be still relevant. Below are my takeaways on how to create a fruitful relationship between agencies and freelancers.

1. Sit in on client meetings — The freelancer’s responsibility is to be cutting-edge and push the limits of creativity. However, the agency’s responsibility is to refine those ideas and align them with the client’s expectations and what resonates best with the client’s customers. Jennifer Aniston saying 'sit' After all, the agency should be in a position to understand their client’s customers best. Lesson no. 1—So however creative you would like to be, remember that the agency knows their client’s customers more than you do. Take their feedback seriously and listen attentively. If you are a freelancer working for an agency, ask to sit in on meetings to get a better understanding of their client’s consumer markets.